New Projects for Tortured Earth


 

One of the persistent requests made of us has been the development of instructional videos detailing the finer points of the game system. Our ability to produces these has been dependent on funds to outsource the project as neither Kevin nor I have any real experience in the process. 

Fortunately, we live in an age where tools are being developed that will give independent developers a chance at producing quality videos. Understand, I'm not calling my work quality as of yet. However, with the development of AI voiceovers, we are hoping to transform the videos into something more presentable. 

I recognize the fact I can write and visually design the production. However, my accent and annunciation of the English language has room for improvement. We are hoping to get a series of these videos out there with the intent of turning their production over to AI voiceovers. With any luck, we'll be able to modify the videos and improve the sound quality.

As far as content, I feel the videos are spot on. They address needed information, clarify the questions we've been asked over the years, and provide players with the mechanics required to construct and manage viable characters. 

At the moment, I'm outlining the next video. This development slows down module writing and creation but is needed to stimulate interest in the system itself. I'm not quite sure how I'll restructure my day. I still need time for writing and item creation. I have two new books on the table: a creature expansion and an artifact guide. Although production of the two has slowed, I recognize the value of the videos - even if they are a bit rough.

K. B. Kidder

www.torturedearth.com

Character Building in Tortured Earth: https://youtu.be/52s0pi9dh1M

Character Advancement: https://youtu.be/Hj6ONiwub6g


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Never Ending Cycle

General Notes on Creature Development

Ahhh . . . . A Break from Editing